JCJC students receive scholarships from VFW | Schools
The following is a news release from Pearl River Community College:
The Veterans of Foreign Wars post 3036 in Hattiesburg recently announced the scholarship recipients for its member’s families at its Night Out Against Crime picnic. Representatives from area colleges, including Jones County Junior College President, Dr. Jesse Smith personally congratulated students earning scholarships. VWF Commander, Ted Tibbet stated since the inception of the scholarship program in 1999 to present, $1,007,250 in scholarships has been awarded with JCJC students receiving more than $100,000 in scholarships.
Pictured left to right are: Raymond Collier, one of scholarship recipients; Tom King Southern District Transportation Commissioner; Dr. William Lewis, President PRCC,; Dr. Joe Paul, USM; Ted Tibbett, Commander VFW Post 3036; Congressman Steven Palazzo; Dick Vogel, William Carey University; Mary Dryden, Hattiesburg City Council member; Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny Dupree; Dr. Jesse Smith, President JCJC; and Major General Retired Jeff Hammond, member VFW post 3036.
Upcoming Events near Laurel
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment