Laurel Schools make report card day changes | Schools
The following is a press release from the Laurel School District:
Due to Hurricane Isaac, changes have been made to Report Card Conference Days for the Laurel School District.
Traditionally, students do not attend school on Report Card Conference days. However, to make up days lost during the hurricane, students will now attend school on both Report Card Conference Days.
Students will attend school on October 16, and March 21 to make up for missed class time. Students will attend school during normal school hours on the conference days, and parents will meet with teachers from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The conferences were moved to the afternoon to avoid taking any time from Fall Break. Fall Break will still be held on October 15.
Director of Curriculum and Federal Programs Kenda Covington stresses that parents still attend the conferences regardless of the time change.
“It is very important for parents to be involved in their child’s education,” said Covington. “They will be given state-wide test data, report cards, and a general picture of their child’s progress.”
Upcoming Events near Laurel
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program