JCJC increases class offerings in precision manufacturing & machining | Schools
Jones County Junior College’s nationally accredited Precision Manufacturing and Machining program is now offering more classes with flexible class times. Jones’s program was recently accredited by NIMS, the National Institute for Metalworking Skills which is the nation’s only accredited developer of precision manufacturing skill standards recognized by the American National Standards Institute, ANSI. The JCJC machining program is also the only NIMS accredited program in the state.
The two day classes, MST 1313 Machine Tool Mathematics, class #1313 and MST 1413 Blueprint Reading, class # 1413 will begin meeting daily on September 25, through October 31, from 7:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. in JCJC’s Industrial Services Center in Ellisville. The first class is an applied mathematics course designed for machinists that includes instruction and practice in algebraic and trigonometric operations. The three hour course costs $439 plus the cost of the book.
The Blueprint Reading class includes instruction and practice in reading plans and applying specifications for machinists. This course will begin meeting daily on Tuesday, September 25, through Wednesday, October 31, from 7:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. in JCJC’s Industrial Services Center in Ellisville. The three hour course costs $439 and the book is online, at no extra cost.
The following evening and hybrid classes start October 15 through December 12, from 5 p.m. until 9:15 p.m. The three courses offered during this time include:
- MST 1413—Blueprint Reading (HYBRID), class # 2291 will meet online and in class, with hands-on lab work, scheduled by appointment. It includes instruction and practice in reading blue print plans for machinists. The three credit hour course fee is $439 and the book is online, at no additional fee.
- MST 1212—Drill Press and Band Saw Operations (Instructor led), class # 2292 costs $286 plus the cost of the book. This two credit hour course provides instruction on general shop safety as well as the operation of power machinery, including instruction and practice in the safe operation of power saws and drill presses.
- MST 1223—Lathe Turning Knowledge (Instructor led), class # 2293 costs $439 plus the cost of the book. This three credit hour course includes general shop safety as well as the operation of the lathe. The course will implement the performance of lathe operations resulting in the manufacture of various parts.
To enroll, students must complete a Jones Admissions Application and mail it the college or apply online at http://www.jcjc.edu/new2jones.php ; send an official copy of the final high school transcript, previous college transcript, and/or GED scores to the Jones Admissions Office; submit ACT/SAT scores to the Jones Admissions Office. For a technical certificate ONLY, an ACT WorkKeys Career Readiness Silver-Level Certificate or higher is accepted; receive a negative test result on a drug screen test conducted by a certified laboratory and have the results submitted directly to the college and apply for financial aid at www.jcjc.edu/financialaid/.
For more information about the Precision Manufacturing and Machining courses call 601-477-4201.
Upcoming Events near Laurel
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Sumrall woman delivers afghan blankets to Collins veterans
- Suspect charged after string of burglaries at Hattiesburg High School
- Salvation Army collects for Christmas Angels
- C Spire launches next phase of its fiber to the home initiative: Homeowner Pre-Registration for 100 times faster internet
- Mississippi Supreme Court ruling stands in soccer cases against USM