Laurel council will vote again on water rate increases | News
LAUREL, MS (WDAM)- Laurel City Administrator, Dennis Keveryn said raising water and sewer rates in the city isn't an option, it's a must.
Keveryn said although the vote failed to increase rates by 3 percent, the city will place the order back on the agenda for the next council meeting. He said the increase will be about seventy-eight cents on the average bill.
Keveryn said in order to continue making repairs to the city's dilapidated water system, rates will have to increase.
He said the council has been well aware of the water and sewer issues that has been under construction since March 2010.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Top Laurel Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Petal and Hattiesburg residents voice opinions on sewer rates
- Student Affairs at Southern Miss Awards Comcast Scholarships
- Hattiesburg increasing sewer rates for Petal and Lamar County
- Soldier killed in Iraq honored during Shelby ceremony
- Over 20 Hattiesburg teachers lose their jobs; Lamar County Schools lack funding