Laurel City Council votes for 2013 pay raise | News
LAUREL, MS (WDAM)- The Laurel City Council and Mayor can expect to get a pay increase in 2013.
Tuesday, the council members voted to give the incoming council, which is elected in June 2013 a $500 pay raise. The council currently makes $17,000 a year.
The mayor that is elected in June will receive a $10,000 pay raise. The current Mayor, Melvin Mack, currently makes $60,000 a year.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Top Laurel Stories
Upcoming Events near Laurel
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mississippi Polymer Institute teams with Miss. State on Rocket Project
- Schoemann named Operations Manager at Southern Miss Center
- Geography students study McComb’s assets for downtown development
- Department of Education offers opportunity to students denied graduation
- Thousands of MS students denied for graduation ceremonies