Jones County gets a Drug Court | News
LAUREL, MS (WDAM)- A drug court program is headed to Jones County.
Circuit Court officials are in the planning phase of starting the program to help minimize the number of inmates at the jail.
The President of the Jones County Board, Andy Dial said many of the inmates have drug problems which could lead to more serious crimes.
Dial said it will cost about $20,000.00 to start up the new drug court.
Top Laurel Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mississippi Polymer Institute teams with Miss. State on Rocket Project
- Schoemann named Operations Manager at Southern Miss Center
- Geography students study McComb’s assets for downtown development
- Department of Education offers opportunity to students denied graduation
- Thousands of MS students denied for graduation ceremonies