Emergency landing | News
A Wayne County pilot is counting is blessings after the single-engine plane he was flying malfunctioned Monday evening.
As dozens of emergency responders from across Laurel and Jones County made their way to Hesler-Noble Field Airport, the pilot, later identified as John Akers with T. K. Stanley, Inc., circled the airport several hours to burn fuel. As he was flying, he was in contact with plane mechanics who helped him search for ways to drop the front landing gear.
Although the landing gear never engaged, the pilot made what was called a “textbook landing.” The only damage to the plane after the landing was to the propeller.
For more on this article click HERE.
Top Laurel Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mississippi Polymer Institute teams with Miss. State on Rocket Project
- Schoemann named Operations Manager at Southern Miss Center
- Geography students study McComb’s assets for downtown development
- Department of Education offers opportunity to students denied graduation
- Thousands of MS students denied for graduation ceremonies