Emergency landing | News
A Wayne County pilot is counting is blessings after the single-engine plane he was flying malfunctioned Monday evening.
As dozens of emergency responders from across Laurel and Jones County made their way to Hesler-Noble Field Airport, the pilot, later identified as John Akers with T. K. Stanley, Inc., circled the airport several hours to burn fuel. As he was flying, he was in contact with plane mechanics who helped him search for ways to drop the front landing gear.
Although the landing gear never engaged, the pilot made what was called a “textbook landing.” The only damage to the plane after the landing was to the propeller.
For more on this article click HERE.
Upcoming Events near Laurel
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Fully-loaded tanker-trailer cleared from Highway 49