Free Total Cholesterol Screening, Sept. 5 | Health
The following is a press release from South Central Regional Medical Center:
South Central will host a Free Screening for Total Cholesterol with LDL and HDL Levels on September 5 at South Central Place in Laurel.
An 8 hour fast is required for this screening. For an appointment, please call 601-399-0501. Almost 20% of Americans have high blood cholesterol.
This condition could double your risk of developing heart disease. Heart disease is the leading cause of death among women and men in the United States.
Public health experts advise everyone to get cholesterol levels checked routinely. A registered nurse in South Central’s community health division will conduct the cholesterol screening.
Heart healthy information will be available at the event. This screening is made possible by the South Central Healthcare Foundation, with proceeds from the Art of Healing. For more information or to schedule your appointment, please call 601-399-0501 or visit scrmc.com.
Top Laurel Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mississippi Polymer Institute teams with Miss. State on Rocket Project
- Schoemann named Operations Manager at Southern Miss Center
- Geography students study McComb’s assets for downtown development
- Department of Education offers opportunity to students denied graduation
- Thousands of MS students denied for graduation ceremonies