Krewe de Paws children’s pet parade, Feb. 2 in Mason Park | Events
The following is a press release from the event coordinator:
Children from around Jones County are invited to be a part of the Krewe dePaws Mardi Gras Pet Parade in Mason Park in Laurel, Feb. 2.
The Laurel/Jones County Animal Rescue League is sponsoring this first annual event at 11 a.m. on Feb. 2 down the park road and walking track at Mason Park off 7th ave. in Laurel. Children and those young at heart are invited to come with their pets in costume (or not) and walk or carry (or pull in a wagon) their little buddy. Mardi Gras beads and throws will be given to the participants along with candy to throw to the spectators. All pets must be leashed.
Grand Marshall for this first-ever walking parade will be Emalee Moss, a 5-year-old that has raised money and donations for the animals out at the ARL shelter on Moose Drive. Please come and join Emalee and the Animal Rescue League by marching in the parade or watching it go by. Participation is free and the ARL will provide throws for the walkers along with snacks afterwards at the pavilion in the park. Please start to line up at 10:30 a.m. at the south side of the park.
Upcoming Events near Laurel
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Fully-loaded tanker-trailer cleared from Highway 49