September Blood Drive supports Fight Against Blood Cancers | Community Spirit
Potentially deadly cancers of the blood often are fought with blood transfusions. September is Leukemia and Lymphoma Awareness Month. To help assure a strong blood supply for area hospitals, United Blood services is having a blood drive from 12 – 6 p.m., September 25 at the Cameron Center, located at 711 North 10th Ave. in Laurel.
Make your appointment to give blood at www.UnitedBloodServices.org with sponsor code "cameroncenter" or by calling 601-264-0743. With each donation, donors receive a free total cholesterol test and earn points in United Blood Services' Hero in Me reward program.
Blood donors must be 16 year or older and in good health. Sixteen year olds must have a signed parental consent form. You can download a form at www.unitedbloodservices.org. Donors are asked to bring a photo ID and Donor Card every time they donate. First-time donors receive a donor card with their blood type in the mail shortly after their first donation.
Upcoming Events near Laurel
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment